Dear Kyoto NHK ESS members.
Hello, this is an announcement of the practice on May 26th.
(1) Genre: Game
(2) Title: “Who is a liar” game
Do you happen to know the old NHK TV program『ゲーム ホントにホント！』
This practice is arranged version of these programs. Try to be a “good liar”!!
You can say 「Hai! Kore Honto!」.
(1)Make teams of 3 or 4 people.
(2)Each 3 team sit around one table.
①②③ team sit around one table, ④⑤⑥team sit around one table,・・
But each team sits little away from each other so that each team can talk separately
For convenience of explanation, we call ①④⑦⑩ A-team, ②⑤⑧⑪B-team,③⑥⑨⑫C-team.
①,②,③ team compete with each other later.
２. Prepare to give a quiz in team.
(1) Each team chooses one topic.
(2) Each member in team prepares your own answer to give a quiz about the topic.
*Within about 3 minutes for (1) and (2).
(3) Decide one person who tells a lie. The other people will tell the truth.
Maybe it is easy for the liar to change slightly from the true story.
Funny or surprising quiz is desirable.
(4) If the number of member is different for each team in the group,
you can adjust the number (one person skip some stage to keep the number for fairness).
３.Start the Quiz. A team goes first.
Each member of A team speaks about each story of the topics in order.
(Only 1 person tells a lie).
*Speaking time for each person is within about 30 seconds (not 1 sentence).
*The person who tells a lie, try to play well!!
B team can ask 2 questions in order to find out who is the liar. Next, so can C team.
Members of A will answer the questions, but don’t tell too direct answer.
Each member of B team & C team guess who is a liar.
You can talk with each other in your team.
But each member writes the name of the person who you think is the liar on the paper respectively.
All members open the papers at the same time.
６．Tell the right answer (who told a lie ).
B and C team can get the score equivalent to the number of members who can get right answer.
７. Change turns. This time B team gives a quiz and C&A team answers it.
Next C team gives a quiz and A&B team answers it.
８. Above is the 1st stage.
Continue the 2nd,3rd,･･･stage, changing topics, as long as time permits.
*Do not stick to the rule too much. You can change the rule. Just enjoy that!
９．The team who get the highest score is the winner.
１０. The winner team in your group will choose the funniest or most surprising quiz and introduce that
to the other group members. Other group members guess who is the liar.
* How did you spend last weekend?
* Mischief you had ever done (including in childhood.)
* Have you ever told a big or funny lie to someone? What was it like?
* Your (or your friend’s) strange experience you have ever had.
* Embarrassing story (ex. I have ever ･･･)
* Favorite TV program.
* The best present you have ever received.
* The most strange food you have ever had. (e.g. worm, insects, animals･･･)
* No experience (e.g. I have never ･･･)
* The most impressive place you have ever been to.
* The most famous person you’ve ever met. (e.g. I have met Tom Cruise in N.Y when･･･)
*The dangers you have passed in your life.
*The things you are thinking a lot recently
*The license or grade you have (e.g. 5th grade in karate)
*Special skill, specialty (e.g. imitation of someone, moving your ears, inspiration,
*Your property (possession) (e.g. very expensive drawing, very valuable treasure.)
*What if you have more money than one will ever use?
・・・You can make any other topics. Funny or surprising topics are desirable.