Dear ESS members
This is an announcement of the Nov.8 practice.
Genre: Talk & Discuss
One of big attraction for forein visitors to Japan is its hospitality, O-MO-TE-NA-SHI .
Now, suppose you are to host a couple from North America and have to entertain them for one whole day.
I want you to make one day attractive plan mainly in Kyoto or suburbs.
They had been in Kyoto before and know major famous places, like Golden pavilion and Kiyomizu temple.
So, try to make unique and a little surprising plan.
1. Make 5 or 6 groups
2. At first, each of you make your own plan and think how it attract them. (10min.)
3. Exchange your plan within the group and discuss which one is attractive and interesting. (20min)
4. In the mean time, choose one person as leader and presenter.
5. Create the one best plan as the group. It can be combination of each plan. And write it down on piece of paper (5min.)
6. Leaders present the Itinerary and explain to all how it is attractive. (20min.)
7. Closing (5min)
Your Itinerary may contain a couple of place to go, things to do, what to eat and what you recommend to buy for souvenir, if possible.
< Some key words >
IZAKAYA, Yakiniku, Yakitort, Ramen, Washoku
100yen shop, Convenience store, Nishiki-ichiba
Dressing in kimono
Hot spa, Public bath
Zen tera, Temple lodging,
Love hotel, capsule hotel
Just for your reference:
*Things to do in Kyoto from ‘Trip adviser’:
The follows are some of popular thing to do by ‘Trip adviser’
1. Fushimi Inari
2. GEAR-Art Complex 1928
3. Samurai Kenbu Kyoto
4. Monkey Park Iwatayama
*Is Japan cool? –All Nippon Air