Military intervention against ISLI, Israel - Gaza Conflict and Syrian Civil War… Wars are happening right now! Africa, which occupies only 15% of the world population, is starving. Every one child out of nine loses their lives before getting 5 years old in sub-Saharan area. Perspective on realizing summit conference between two political leaders of Japan and Korea has been in a fog due to uncompromising issues on recognition of history and territorial opinion about Take-Shima or Dokudo. We are surrounded with full of sadness, danger, fear, hunger and risks.
June 13 practice encourages us to discuss a big item. “Can all the people on earth live in peace sometime in future?”
1. Make a few groups for discussion.
2. Choose one person from group members as chairman for the discussion.
3. Exchange variety of opinion on the agenda.
4. Conclude “YES” or “NO” consensus to the question of “Can all the people live in peace sometime in future?”
5. The chairman from each group shares the group consensus with other Kyoto ESS members.
I hope to see all the members participating in the discussion actively at the practice on June 13.